From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-13 10:22:37

Simon Pickles wrote:

> Nat Goodspeed wrote:
>> You might want to consider Boost.Signals, which supports implicit
>> disconnect on destruction.

> I've heard bad things about the speed of boost signals......

? Depends on your application, I suppose. I've heard bad things about
the speed of C++ vs. hand-coded assembler. But there are very few
situations any more in which I'd willingly choose the latter.

We used Boost.Signals as the central event system for an interactive
game. Mouse movements, UI controls, internal notifications, frame
updates, all used that event system. It was fine for our purposes.

Beware of premature optimization.