From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 11:52:37

On Jul 23, 2008, at 4:31 AM, anil kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Please help me out I am new to boost C++. I tried out this code
>
> #include "boost\lambda\lambda.hpp"
> #include <iostream>
> #include <iterator>
> #include <algorithm>
>
> int main()
> {
> using namespace boost::lambda;
> typedef std::istream_iterator<int> in;
>
> std::for_each(
> in(std::cin), in(), std::cout << (boost::lambda::_1 * 3) <<
> " "
> );
> }
>
> I am using Visual studio 6.0 VC++ it shows an error i have included
> the additional directory and other things as explained in the boost
> intro tutorial still getting an error. it says
> c:\program files\boost\boost_1_35_0\boost\lambda\detail
> \lambda_fwd.hpp(26) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
>

> How to solve this i hope some one will help why this internal error
> occurs and what i need to do?.

As already suggested...you will most-likely need to update to a newer
compiler version (e.g. one of the free Express editions) that is far
more standard compliant. Visual Studio 6.0 has many issues especially
when it comes down to templates. Reasons for the C1001 error are
manifold....you may want to take a look at the following knowledge
base article:

PRB: C1001 Compiler Error Message - Suggestions for Troubleshooting (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305980
).

Ciao, Andreas