From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-27 08:14:15

Hi there,

regarding POCO: I was wondering whether it wouldn't make sense for the POCO
and Boost groups to cooperate more closely ? Some of the work done for both
library collections is redundant - e.g. both have smart pointers and
threads. And some of the other libraries complement each other. Plus, POCO
is also delivered under the Boost license and is portable.

Are there contacts between the core development groups ?

Well, ob course the above is just my "user's perspective". I realise that
actually merging two long-standing projects will be a bit of a problem.

Best, Ruediger

Peter Klotz wrote:

>> In the meantime, can anyone recommend another open source C++ XML library
>> I can use (with DOM parser)?
>
> I recommend using POCO (Portable Components). It is a portable and very
> powerful open source C++ library that includes an XML DOM parser.
>
> You can find it here:
>
> http://pocoproject.org/
>
> Best regards, Peter.

Kind Regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Ruediger Berlich

The Steinbuch Centre for Computing of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
(the Cooperation of Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH and Universitaet
Karlsruhe TH) will run its annual GridKa School from September 8th to
12th, 2008. Please find further information at http://www.fzk.de/gks08 .