From: Jean-Sebastien Stoezel (js.stoezel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 16:17:12

Hi,

I'm getting confused by the unhandled exception I get when
initializing a TCP socket. This happens when the socket is
instantiated and initialized with an IO service object, from the
constructor of a class called CProcessor.

Here are the variables declaration, inside the class:

boost::asio::ip::tcp::socket m_Socket;
boost::asio::io_service m_IoService;

Here is what the default constructor looks like for this class:
CProcessor::CProcessor(void):
   m_Socket(m_IoService)
{}

The exception is generated by this constructor, as soon as the
m_Socket object is initialized.

The type of unhandled exception I got is as follow:
"Unhandled exception at whatever in hatever.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0xcccccce0."
The program breaks in win_mutex.hpp, at a line calling:
::EnterCriticalSection(&crit_section_);

I run VS9.

Any idea?!

Thanks,