From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 15:37:38

On Jul 29, 2008, at 7:27 AM, <Markus.Himmerich_at_[hidden]>
<Markus.Himmerich_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am using the Serialization library version 1.33 with MSVC 2003.
> From the serialization of a class with an uninitialized double
> member "a" I got the following XML:
>
> <a>1.0198947755763149e-312</a>
>
> When I deserialize this number I get a stream_error. Is this a bug?

By bug, you mean besides serializing an uninitialized object in the
first place, right? Don't answer; there's no guarantees about
anything once you do something crazy like reading an uninitialized
value, including no guarantee that the deserialization routine can do
anything sensible with the input (i.e. garbage-in-garbage-out).

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie