From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-02 04:18:19

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
> The same problem with files and I haven't seen any clue to make Unix and
> Windows behavior identical until today:
>
> http://mg.to/2004/09/30/file_share_delete-in-shell-extension
>
> According to this, adding FILE_SHARE_DELETE to the shared memory
> emulation functions would allow, UNIX-like behavior for Windows files. I
> haven't had time to test this.

I've just checked this, but it does not behave like unix. If you specify
FILE_SHARE_DELETE you DeleteFile returns success when the file when it's
in use (but the file it's still there in the explorer) and opening the
file after deletion fails. However, if you try to create another file
with the same name this also fails. So you can't just call "remove" and
recreate the file with the same name. That's a pity.

Regards,

Ion