From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 16:06:32

Steven Watanabe:

> Terdale, Shantibhushan wrote:
>> I am using MSVC 8.0 and here is example. This is the complete code and
>> find the error at the end. If namespaces are used to avoid ambiguity I
>> started wondering why are we doing using namespace boost::detail
>
> This seems to have been fixed. It fails with 1.35
> but compiles with the 1.36 beta.

IIRC, the particular problem with CRITICAL_SECTION has been fixed, but the
general problem with the MSVC bug making everything boost:: and
boost::detail:: visible in the global namespace has not been. The header
needs to be updated to not rely on an using directive (on non-Borland
compilers as well).