From: Peter Klotz (peter.klotz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 16:14:47

John Maddock wrote:
> Peter Klotz wrote:
>> Boost.Regex 1.36.0 does not compile due to a compiler specific
>> workaround in files libs\regex\src\usinstances.cpp and
>> libs\regex\src\wc_regex_traits.cpp.
>
> I believe this results from using a copy of VC8 that hasn't had SP1
> applied. But can you also try the version of usinstances.cpp in SVN
> Trunk as I hope this should actually be fixed in there?

You are right. We use VC8 with a hotfix for the stream memory leak. For
several reasons an upgrade to SP1 is not an option.

The trunk version of usinstances.cpp still does not compile. I obtain
the same error as in 1.36.0. When applying my patch it leads to the
linker error which the workaround should prevent.

Regards, Peter.