From: Peter Klotz (Peter.Klotz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-19 06:44:42

> > The trunk version of usinstances.cpp still does not compile. I obtain
> > the same error as in 1.36.0. When applying my patch it leads to the
> > linker error which the workaround should prevent.
>
> Grrrr :-(
>
> As a quick and dirty fix, you could try uncommenting the define:
>
> // #define BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES
>
> in boost/regex/user.hpp and rebuild everything.
>
> Can you let me have the value of _MSC_FULL_VER for the compiler, plus the
> explicit instantiations at the end of <xstring> (the section that starts
> #if
> defined(_DLL_CPPLIB) && !defined(_M_CEE_PURE)).
>
> Ah wait, I see I didn't patch usinstances.cpp in SVN, only
> wc_regex_traits.cpp, so maybe give that one a try as well? If the problem
> is fixed there, then I think I know what to do to usinstances.cpp.

The trunk version of wc_regex_traits.cpp compiles, just usinstances.cpp does not.

The value of _MSC_FULL_VER is 140050727.

Here the template instantiations in xstring:

template class _CRTIMP2_PURE allocator<char>;
template class _CRTIMP2_PURE allocator<wchar_t>;
template class _CRTIMP2_PURE _String_val<char, allocator<char> >;
template class _CRTIMP2_PURE _String_val<wchar_t, allocator<wchar_t> >;
template class _CRTIMP2_PURE basic_string<char, char_traits<char>,
        allocator<char> >;
template class _CRTIMP2_PURE basic_string<wchar_t, char_traits<wchar_t>,
        allocator<wchar_t> >;

Regards, Peter.