Subject: [Boost-users] Problems building boost 1.36
From: Steve Gilbert (SGilbert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-04 19:55:33

Hi folks,

I'm a systems administrator trying to build boost 1.36 for some of our
engineers here who have been using version 1.35 for a while. The new
version builds just fine (gcc 4.2.2 on RHEL3) without so much as an
error. However, after the install we have far fewer libraries installed
than we did with 1.35. The lib directory of the new version only
contains 108 files as opposed to 423 in the previous version.
Specifically, only the multi-threaded libs seems to get built with the
new version...there are no single-threaded libraries at all. I can't
find any mention of how to build these libraries in any of the
documentation.

Can anyone tell me if this is by design in this new version, or if I
need to do anything special in order to get these to build? When
building, we're not doing anything different than we did when building
the previous version.

Steve Gilbert
Engineering Support
NVIDIA Corporation