Subject: Re: [Boost-users] 1.36 Threads/ASIO causing SEGV when cleaning up thread specific storage
From: spiderlama (spiderlama_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 23:58:17

Anthony Williams-4 wrote:

> For an access violation with that callstack, the heap must be corrupt
> (the error is happening when a shared_ptr destroys the count
> object). Without the code I cannot help further.

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this problem in any code
that is postable.

It does seem strange that run_thread_exit_callbacks() calls a TSS' custom
cleanup function with a null argument, even if cleanup has already occurred.
Is this used when a thread exits before the thread_specific_ptr is
destructed?