Subject: Re: [Boost-users] XML optional field
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-23 12:04:54

I don't think boost serialization is a good option to loaded an externally defined file.

consider a spirit based xml parser.

Robert Ramey
  "Emanuele Rocci" <rocciemanuele_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:BAY102-W169026A41EFCE26345949BA54A0_at_phx.gbl...

    Hi All

    I would like to build a configuration file for my application in XML.
    The Configuration files includes also optional sections
    i.e. there might be properties that are not required to be
    defined by the user.

    If I use BOOST serialization to load this file, the XML format seems to me
    that forces every field of the XML field to be REQUIRED.

    Do you know if with Boost serialization for XML there is some mechanism
    allowing or handling optional Xml field?

    Kind Regards
    Manu