Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Phoenix review results
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-05 13:55:00

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> ....Regardless of the outcome, I was determined to improve Phoenix.
> As with Spirit and Fusion, it's a work of love.

It is a pleasure to read someone writing about their programming work
with emotion and passion. Too often, as a community and as a
profession, we write in an objective, professional style and fail to convey
the pleasure we take in our work, and how much of ourselves we invest
in it. To read someone of Joel's stature doing this can only be an
encouragement to choose computers and programming as a rewarding
profession.

Oh, and congrats! As you say the bar on FP libraries is pretty darned high!

- Rob.