Subject: Re: [Boost-users] serialization 1.36.0 extended_type_info exitissue(s)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-08 17:07:02

Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> We can require that this function is called prior to any other
> serialization library function, and that the
> extended_type_info_storage object is afloat while the serialization
> library is in use.

Such a requirement was considered unacceptable for a number
of reviewers. The basic argument against it was that it wouldn't
work with "plug-in" type code where the main progam needs
to be able o dynamically load types which were not defined
at the time the main code was written.

The library does provide a simple portable solution for
those willing to specify the types they expect to use
before they are serialized. This seems similar in effect
to what you propose.

Robert Ramey