Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Installation issue: cannot pass the last test in tutorial,
From: Minh Anh (anhminh132_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-22 08:18:31

Steven,

1. I'm really sorry for my ignorance, but could you please give me some instruction to do these tests? How do I compile with additional option with visual studio?

2. I don't think any project is setting different from default. I just created a new project "example" like as told in the tutorial. And change the configuration for this project. It is compiled normally, but the file .exe generated cannot be launched by the system.The "example.cpp" is as follow:

#include "stdafx.h"

#include <boost/regex.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>

int main()
{
    std::string line;
    boost::regex pat( "^Subject: (Re: |Aw: )*(.*)" );

    while (std::cin)
    {
        std::getline(std::cin, line);
        boost::smatch matches;
        if (boost::regex_match(line, matches, pat))
            std::cout << matches[2] << std::endl;
    }
}

3. By "hello world" you mean the "famous" program that print "hello world" on the screen? If that so, there's no link to boost, and it works just fine.

4. Ah, yes. When I checked the file "example.exe" with Dependency Walker, I got 03 .dll missing: msvcp80d.dll, msvcr80d.dll, and dwmapi.dll. I really don't know what does that means, and how to fix this. But maybe you could tell me something from this?

Thanks for your reply,

A.M

You don't actually need to an argument to start the program.
It reads from the standard input.

I have no idea what is wrong so:
1) Are you linking to the static regex library or the dll?
  (compile with -DBOOST_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC)
2) Are any project settings different from the default?
3) Can you run hello world?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe