Subject: [Boost-users] Question about Protocols and boost::asio::ip::tcp::iostream
From: Charles Milutinovic (kssarh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-28 15:17:05

I am trying to put together a program that needs a very simple networking
component, esentially just dumping a lot of data from iostreams into a
socket, unformatted, and tcp::iostream looked perfect for it.

I have a question about its usage though. Every example I've seen looks
something like tcp::iostream s("server", "protocol"). So far I've seen
"http" and "daytime" as protocols.

I am wondering exactly where these constants are defined. Also, for my
purposes, how hard would it be to extend a previously defined protocol (i.e.
telnet) since all I really need to do is connect to a port of my choosing
and dump data.