Subject: Re: [Boost-users] shared_ptr leaking memory and crashing / gcc 3.4.6
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-01 18:07:20

Michael:

> Posting a bug at the gcc mailing list would only be an option if I can
> track this further down so I can report it without referring to boost
> (otherwise I'm pretty sure they will tell me to report this to the boost
> mailing list :).

FWIW, I have reported g++ bugs in the past that made boost::shared_ptr
misbehave, and they did get acknowledged and fixed, so this might still be
worth a try. I did not need to distill it down to an example that did not
#include anything Boost, although I think I did follow

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html

(that is, I did include self-contained preprocessed output.)

--
Peter Dimov
http://www.pdplayer.com