Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost 1.36]: Problems with bjam option --buildid
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-03 04:06:23

Daniel Krügler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a colleague of mine currently checks whether transition to
> boost 1.36 (or upcoming 1.37) would be feasible for us.
> Still being on 1.33.1, we manipulated the bjam files to
> realize something that we hope can now be done with the build
> option --buildid using the *non-manipulated* bjam files. A
> recent test using the command line
>
> bjam --build-dir=XX --buildid=asdf --toolset=msvc
> --build-type=complete stage
>
> where XX corresponds to a valid path causes a quick bjam build error
> (but removing the part " --buildid=asdf" works fine), as shown
> below. Let me add that the used bjam.exe was created based on the
> sources provided by the very same boost 1.36 (build.bat).
>
> Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong here?
>
> Thanks & Greetings from Bremen,
>
> Daniel
>
> "warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
> note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH to the
> [..]
> Skipping build of: libs/python/build/boost_python <build>no in common
> properties
> E:/sources/ntb/boost_1_36_0/tools/build/v2/build\virtual-target.jam:1032:
> in virtual-target.register-actual-name from module virtual-target
> error: Duplicate name of actual target: <pstage\lib>libexact.lib

This is very strange. Does this error only happens with --buildid?
Does this happen when building a single library (e.g. --with-program_options)?
Do you think you can go to tools/build/v2/tools/stage.jam, find the copy-file
rule, and, before the return statement, add this code:

        ECHO "Name is" $(name) ;

? (BTW, we probably can solve this faster either on IRC (freenode, #boost), or via
Skype (vladimir_prus)).

- Volodya