Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [config][build] policy for setting BOOST_HAS_THREADS?
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-11-11 11:30:47

John Maddock escribió:
> joaquin_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I don't get the last statement :( I understand there's a typo
>> there, but can't
>> make out what the intended phrase was.
>>

> Apologies, I didn't express myself very well.
>
> I mean for gcc, the setting of BOOST_HAS_THREADS doesn't change depending
> upon any compiler options. Rather, whether or not it gets set depends upon
> how the user configured and installed gcc their copy of gcc.

OK, understood. Then, we have the somewhat unfortunate situation that in
GCC environments
Boost.Build links / does not link Pthreads depending on whether the
threading parameter is multi / single,
whereas Boost.Config does not reflect this situation in any manner!

As most GCC environments (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) are nowadays
multithreaded,
would it make sense to change GCC Boost.Build bjam rules so that
threading=simple results in
BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS being defined?

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz