Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] dynamically allocated objects and reset_object_address
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-18 14:15:24

Hello,

Consider a tracked type T which is only serialized through
T pointers: under these circumnstances, when loading a T*
Boost.Serialization automatically allocates a T object for
the pointer to refer to. I've found out that these dynamically
allocated objects cannot be moved by using reset_object_address:
this member function simply ignores them.

Would it be possible that reset_object_address also took care
of these objects or is there any limitation I'm not aware of?
FWIW, this is not an academic question but has raised in
connection with some serialization code I'm writing.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo