Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Asio 1.37 - can't compile with VC++ 2003 (version 1.35 is fine)
From: lipik (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 08:22:08

Hi,

I just upgraded my Boost distribution, and have immediately run into a
compilation problem: both Intel and VC++ compilers complain that:
- 'QueueUserAPC' : is not a member of 'operator``global namespace'''
- 'QueueUserAPC': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

1.35 compiles fine. I checked and this API is available in Winbase.h. Can't
figure out why it is not being found - there don't seem to be be any C++ version
directives hiding it inside winbase. I am on XP, and _WIN32_WINNT is set to
0x0501, so this is not the culprit either. Pre-compiled headers are turned off,
and I have defined WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN (to avoid winsock conflict).

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Amit