Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] UUID library (mini-)review starts today, November 23rd
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 12:45:41

Hi there,

> Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
> accepted as a Boost library!

I vote for acceptance.

> Additionally please consider giving feedback on the following general
> topics:
>
> - What is your evaluation of the design?

The design I like and fits into my world of c++ programming.

Looks good. I like the programming style. I would recommend to clean
up the files, in particular the commented out headers. Also, the
file uuid_serialize.hpp contains only commented out code besides the
macro instantiation. Is that functionality working?

How about having a uuid_all.hpp header?

Good.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Huge. We are using UUID's a lot and this library seems to be a good
candidate for the next code refactoring.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?

Yes, I compiled the test program which Paul Bristow posted and it
worked without a glitch. I'm using Visual Studio 8.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?

A quick reading.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

I'm a user.

Thanks for another very useful lib.

Christian