Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [dataflow]Component Library
From: Stjepan Rajko (stjepan.rajko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 12:05:59

Hi Duane,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Duane McKinney
<duane.mckinney_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Is there already or are there plans for components to be shared. I know
> this is a little outside the scope, but it does seem to be closely related.
> For example if I need an RGB to YUV component, it is likely that it already
> exists, and if not, it is likely that someone will need it after me.

If you're talking about packaging the components in a shared library,
yes - at one point I put together an example that shows how to package
a shared component using the Extension library:

http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2008/09/40272.php

I am currently rewriting dataflow, and my first major goal is to have
a dataflow system that makes extensive use of such libraries of
components.

Best,

Stjepan