Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [thread] targetting win32 in cygwin/mingw
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 04:50:42

JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> We're having some problems in the Boost testing lists setting
> up a mingw environment to target Win32 when building
> Boost.Thread, please see the thread starting at:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-testing/2008/12/6068.php
>
> Is there any documented (or undocumented) way to do this?

If the mingw gcc is on your path, and you use the native win32 build
of bjam, all that is needed for mingw is to add

using gcc ;

to your user-config.jam.

If you're using the cygwin build of bjam + mingw gcc, or cygwin gcc
and native bjam then it's more complicated --- you have to set
<threadapi> to either pthread or win32 as appropriate, and set the
<target-os> as well. Mat Marcus posted how to do this at some point.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action | http://www.manning.com/williams