Subject: [Boost-users] Boost::Serialize on OS X 10.5.6 with g++ 4.3.1 -- Fails to initialize
From: Brandon Aubie (brandon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-17 14:31:30

Hello all,

I have an application that works fine in Linux that I'm trying to port
to OS X. Since it mostly relies on Boost, I was hoping this would be
easy, but Boost::Serialization is causing me grief.

I have tried this with both binary_oarchive and text_oarchive to the
same results (I am using Boost 1.37). Everything compiles fine, but I
get an "Abort trap" program crash at this line:

    ofstream ofs("output");
    boost::archive::text_oarchive oa(ofs); // <--- HERE

I know it's that line since I put a cout << "Above" << endl; above it
and a cout << "Below" << endl; below it and the only thing that gets
printed in "Above".

I'm using g++ 4.3.1 from MacPorts and I compiled Boost 1.37 with that
compiler. Like I said, everything compiles fine, but the program
crashes at this point. It works fine in Linux.

Any ideas?

Thanks