Subject: [Boost-users] Boost MPI and threads
From: Clément Rezvoy (Clement.Rezvoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-27 04:52:34

Hi all,

I have a question regarding boost MPI and thread support.

boost::mpi::environment uses MPI::Init to initialize MPI. I would like
to be able to assess the supported thread level using MPI::Init_thread.
Is it possible to first initialize MPI via MPI::Init_thread and then
create a boost::mpi::environment ? the documentation reads:

        If the MPI environment has not already been initialized,
        initializes MPI with a call to MPI_Init

does that also work if the initialisation is not carried out via
boost::mpi::environment?

Assuming the underlying MPI implementation supports it, is it safe to
mix boost threads with boost MPI, at least at a FUNNELED level, carrying
out all the MPI communications in the main thread?

thanks for your help,

Clément Rezvoy.