Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] test_case_filter not building on Solaris
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-27 12:13:22

David Graham <david.graham <at> cr2.com> writes:

> Apologies for the length of this post so far. I have two ensuing questions:
>
> 1. Is using Sun's C++ compiler and STL implementation with boost a bad idea?
(unfortunately, due to other
> library dependencies, we cannot use gcc and/or stlport)

Using Sun compiler is a bad idea ;o) It used to be that I was not able to
compile the most simple basic things with it(like shared_ptr). I do understand
though that it may be your requirement.

> 2. If we provide some workaround code for this particular problem,
> is it likely that it would be accepted

90% that it will. Please provide the patch. Be aware though that I believe trunk
has different problem with this compiler at the moment. If you can help me with
it, I would really appreciate it.

Gennadiy