Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] Can access::destroy (please) be removed?
From: Maarten Nieber (hallomaarten_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 03:12:37

Hi,

my compiler (Visual Studio 2003) gives an error in access.hpp when I try to serialize an object
that has a protected destructor (see summarized compiler output below).

If I comment out the call to delete in access::destroy, the compiler does no longer complain and my code seems to work.
Is the destroy function (or: the delete call) really needed?

Thanks!,
Maarten

MyClass::MyClass' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'MyClass'
boost\archive\detail\iserializer.hpp(105) : see reference to function
template instantiation 'void
boost::serialization::access::destroy<T>(const T *)' being
compiled