Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Transferring files across a network.
From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-01 13:03:51

From: "Andrew Maclean" <andrew.amaclean_at_[hidden]>
> Thanks for that I forgot about it!

No problem! It might be that every commonly used C++ compiler has
sizeof(boost::array<char, N>) == sizeof(char[N]), but unless there's a
guarantee I'm missing, I could see an odd compiler that pads or aligns in
some strange fashion, causing rare and hard-to-diagnose errors. Definitely
you're good with (boost::array<char,N>).size() == sizeof(char[N]).

Thanks for the example code - it would be good to add it (and others) to the
Asio docs.

Speaking of which, I know Chris K has been busy (or in poor health?) and
mostly unavailable for a while - I wonder if he wouldn't mind granting
someone edit access to the Asio source for documentation purposes (or minor
bug fixes). There's been a wealth of knowledge shared through the Boost and
Asio mail lists, such as serial IO examples and run / poll / work service
explanations.

Cliff