Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users][asio] timeout -isio_service.reset()safe with pool of threads?
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 04:51:03

> I have understood it yesterday evening when I read about boos.shared_ptr
> but I still don't understand why connection object must be noncopyable...

You can make it copyable if you wish, but if the an object has an asio
socket as a member, then it's non-copyable just because the socket object is
non-copyable.

> I don't understand how it works :(. we have few io_service object which
> are run() in separated threads. but only one is maintained by async_accept
> chain trick. the rest run() should immediately return.

Please, read that example carefully, there's an explanation inside. You've
got special "work" object that prevents io_service::run from stopping.