Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] windows program crashes in debug mode ( DbgUiConnectToDbg )
From: Everton Patitucci (patucci_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-10 12:17:04

Stephen Lavelle-2 wrote:

> It appears to run
> fine in release mode*, but crashes when debugged.

I don't know if you alredy figured it out, but I was having EXACTLY the same
problem using boost::filesystem-1.37-mingw under Windows XP SP2 -
Code::Blocks 8.02.

After searching a lot I hit a forum post where another guy was having that
problem and it resolved to a mix of debug/release libraries being used
together.

So I solved the problem in the following way:

built boost again (as I'm using only filesystem I built filesystem and
system libraries only, you can run a "bjam --show-libraries" so you get
their name):

bjam --with-system --with-filesystem debug
and yet again:
bjam --with-system --with-filesystem release

this will output the libraries in the following path:
./bin.v2/libs/debug|release/link-static|threading-multi

linked my project's debug target to the debug library created (i.e.
libboost_filesystem-mgw34-mt-d-1_37.lib and
libboost_system-mgw34-mt-d-1_37.lib)...
same for release target... (libboost_system-mgw34-mt-1_37.lib and
libboost_filesystem-mgw34-mt-1_37.lib)

I hope it helps you or someone with the same problem.

If you or someone else need further explanation, I'll be glad to help.

Patuti