Subject: [Boost-users] Boost's automatic selection of debug vs release libaries on link - how to disable?
From: Damien Hocking (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-15 00:41:37

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that when linking Boost libraries, the linker implicitly knows whether it requires a debug or a release Boost library, and what the full name of the library is. E.g. on Windows the linker wants "boost_serialization-vc80-mt-d-1_37.lib" in debug and "boost_serialization-vc80-mt-1_37.lib" in release.

I'm working in an SCons build system where SCons runs the show and the Boost libraries will be custom-renamed and the linker told specifically what libraries to link. Is there any way to disable this implicit naming feature in the bjam build step through a compiler option?

Damien