Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program options] access violation with _SECURE_SCL turned off
From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 11:47:31

Hi !

On Tuesday 17 February 2009, klaus triendl wrote:
> I'm using the boost 1.36 program options library on windows with
> msvc++2008, statically linked to my applications.

Did you build Boost yourself ?

> In "debug mode" everything works fine, however, in "release mode" I
> encounter an access violation when parsing the c++ commandline passed
> to main() or when parsing the windows commandline with
> split_winmain(). Note that this happens only if and only if the
> preprocessor macro _SECURE_SCL gets turned off (_SECURE_SCL=0).

Known "bug". Blame the compiler vendor.
_SECURE_SCL=0 is ABI incompatible with _SECURE_SCL=1

> Did somebody encounter this issue?

Yes, of course :-((

> Any solutions?

Of course, re-compile Boost in release mode with _SECURE_SCL=0.
The developer list has two or three threads about a general solution,
including different name mangling. Just search the archives...

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH