Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] and mixed endianness trouble
From: Ivan Kharin (korsar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-24 01:49:22

My software is a plug-in for Photoshop compatible image editors.

For some reasons (third-party lib problems with re-initialize in same process)
software was splitted to "Thunk" (loaded into host process)
and "Main" (started as separated process) modules.

Last days I was busy trying to replace socket-based data exchange with boost.interprocess

And encountered a BIG PROBLEM:

Non-universal binary host runs under PowerPC-emulation (as well as my universal-binary "Thunk"),
but "Main" executes x86 code.

Two different processors -- x86 and emulated PowerPC --
have access to interprocess_* private uint32_t's,
treating memory as MSB (PowerPC) and LSB (x86) simultaneously.

Any ideas?

--
Ivan Kharin