Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [multi_array] Why the precondition on assignment?
From: alfC (alfredo.correa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-26 15:21:13

> In my own multi-array like class, I faced this dilemma. What I did was using
> template boost::parameters to specify policy on allocation in the type
> and had the user
> make choice between throwing, static_asserting, silently reallocating,
> preserving order etc

can you illustrate a little bit your design? Is the policy part of the
state of the class?
Is your multi_array class written on top of Boost.MultiArray. If not
did that require small amount of code or basically another gargantuan
sized library?
Didn't you have problems with all the other derived type like
subarrays and array_views, or you just didn't need them.

> Why not using such policies ? I know it involves drastically changing
> multi_array interface but maybe it's worth the hassle.

why the "interface changes"? (except for the a redefined operator= I
guess)

Thank you,
Alfredo