Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [regex] How to pass BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE to bjam build process (win32)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-06 07:22:17

Christian Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we used to compile boost regex in boost version 1.36 with the following
> command:
>
> bjam.exe -sHAVE_ICU=1 -sICU_PATH=../../../../icu -sBOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE

Is BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE supposed to be a preprocessor macros? Then, this syntax
never worked.

> toolset=msvc-7.1 threading=multi python-debugging=on link=shared
> variant=debug --without-mpi libs\regex\build
>
> When switching to boost 1.38, we realized that BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE is not
> passed/picked up anymore when using the same command (apart compiler version
> to compile (verified with some added pragma messages):
>
> How should this be configured nowadays?

See:

        http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/invocation.html

for command line syntax description. If passing this on command line is not
convenient, you can add this define to project requirements, see:

        http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/projects.html

Not that user-config.jam is considered a special project, it can define requirements
and all user project inherit these requirements. So,

        project user-config : <define>BOOST_REGEX_RECURSIVE=1 ;

in user-config.jam will work. I do not know if such a board action is appropriate for
you.

- Volodya