Subject: Re: [Boost-users] installing boost in linux (help needed urgently) !!!!!!
From: Nikhilesh S (s.nikhilesh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-15 21:27:34

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, ayan sinha wrote:

> Hi Matthieu,
>                   Thanks for ur help.. just one last question I have extracted only the thread part in a folder and I am going to use only thread in my application.. Is it
> possible just to copy the thread folder and then install only the thread part through bjam.. or is it that I have to install the entire boost library in linux box and then use
> the threading part.... please do let me know if there any possible solutions....
> Regards
> AYAN.

I don't think 'just-installing-one-library' would work, since many boost
libraries depend on each other.

You could try your distro's binary packages. For example, in Arch Linux,
you can get boost with 'pacman -S boost'. It'll of course be different
for another distro, but there might be something similar.

--
Nikhilesh S
http://nikki.drupalsite.org