Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio memory buffers and persistentconnections.
From: Alejandro Martinez (elpeque2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 08:32:25

"Igor R" <boost.lists_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje
>> How could i make it so i can set the buffer to use at the exact moment in
>> which data for a new request in an already open connection begins to
>> arrive?
>
> You can make initial calls to async_read (or whatever read function
> you use) with buffer of 1 byte. When the handler is called, i.e. some
> data is available, you can perform "speculative" read (even
> synchronous) of all the data available - into any buffer you wish.

And wouldn't that affect performance in some way?

I've read somewhere, that i will not be able to get just the first byte,
that i would probably get some more, and so i would have to copy that extra
part to the real destination buffer and then read from there on.

Am i correct?

Thank you for your time.