Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Intrusive] augmenting red black trees
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-29 08:16:08

George Slavov wrote:
> I want to know if it’s possible to augment the red black tree structure
> offered by Boost.Intrusive. Specifically I need each node to contain
> some information like the max value of the subtree rooted at that node
> and this information should be updated during insert/delete operations.
> This is a fairly common thing, allowing you to do logarithmic queries
> that are specific to certain trees, so I’m surprised I couldn’t find
> anything about it in the Boost.Intrusive docs.

Sorry, but that's not currently possible and unfortunately, due to time
constraints and other boost projects I would like to implement (move
library with independent move-aware containers, some allocator
experiments...), I'm afraid it won't be on the top of my to do list.

I have no much experience with data structures so any help, code or a
link to documentation would be great, just to see how much effort would
be needed to implement this feature.

> Regards,
>
> George Slavov

Regards,