Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RE Building boost libraries for x86_64 platform
From: Qihong Wang (qihongwang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 13:04:59

Here is the command I used to build regex with icu support on linux machine.
I specified where is the icu library I installed instead of system library
directory.

./bjam --prefix=/home/qhwang/mylibs/boost/ --with-regex
--build-dir=/tmp/boost_build/ --build-type=complete -sHAVE_ICU=1
-sICU_PATH=/home/qhwang/mylibs/icu/ install
The regex library I built is dependent on icu library. If you don't specify
HAVE_ICU=1 then you don't need ICU_PATH either. Then the regex will not be
dependent on icu library. You can't create a u32regex by calling
make_u32regex to match or search unicode string. Hope my explain is helpful.

Qihong