Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RE Building boost libraries for x86_64 platform
From: Qihong Wang (qihongwang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 13:55:38

I'm confused by your new question now. If you just feel the library is
installed to the the wrong directory, by passing prefex to bjam should work.
If your problem is on a x86_64 matchine and you are not doing cross
compliation, but your boost library is 32 bits instead of 64 as default,
because you found they are dependent on 32 bits libraries in /usr/local/lib.
I'm not sure the real reason. You can try passing 'address-model=64
architecture=x86' to force bjam to build a library of 64. If it failed, the
error message may tell you why it couldn't.

Qihong