Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [mpl]... is there an mpl::string
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 12:57:27

Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> Noah Roberts wrote:
>> After reviewing the code it seems that all my concerns are taken
>> care of. It looks like it indeed iterates each individual
>> character, not the multicharacter literals. It also looks like
>> iterating <'hel', 'lo w', 'orld', '!'> would be the same as
>> iterating 'hell','o wo','rld!'>.

That's correct.

>> So pretty damn cool and some interesting techniques.
>
> I agree with Noah.

Thanks.

> One more question, can you point to the compiler docs which you used
> as reference? I am just interested to read this it for my own.

You mean, how did I discover the nature of the implementation-defined
behavior for each compiler? It wasn't by reading any docs. I just played
around with various compilers until I found what worked. I found some
compiler bugs in the process, too. See:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=334208

--
Eric Niebler