Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Serialization problem with DLL & EXE
From: Andrei Popa (andrei4popa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-28 13:42:07

Hi Robert,

With a class derived from DbObject and defined/implemented in my EXE (that
use the DLL) I got archive_exception::unregistered_class.
I tried to register it or to export it, but I could not make it work.

*** So you put BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(DbObject) in to a *.cpp file
which is compiled as part of the exe?
Yes, I do.
Any Ideas?
I use Version 1.38 of the library & VC8(2005).

When I use BOOST_CLASS_TYPE_INFO(as in test_no_rtti.cpp sample ) for my EXE
resident class, the ::get_key is never called.

    // get the eti record for the exported type "polymorphic_derived2"
    boost::serialization::extended_type_info const * const d2_eti =
        boost::serialization::extended_type_info::find(
            "polymorphic_derived2"
        );
works too before I start to serialize the collection.
*** is this an attempt the issure raised above or is this a separate
question.
No separate question at all, this is the way I tried figure out if my class is really (and correctly) registered.
Is this a correct way to test? How can I debug what's wrong?

Thanks
Andrei.

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx