Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Unit Tests on iPhone
From: Manfred Schwind (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 16:23:06

Hi,

I successfully built the boost libraries for the iPhone and for the
iPhone Simulator. Now I have done some work on cross plattform C++
code and I am testing this code with Boost Unit Tests. It's running
fine on Mac and Windows. It's also running fine on the iPhone
Simulator. But unfortunately it's not working on the iPhone Device.
It's not even getting into my test code, it just "hangs" somewhere
before when collecting the test cases, if I can see this right in the
debugger.

I experienced that if I just have one BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE it also
works fine on the iPhone Device. The test case executes, it succeeds
and the app quits. But as soon as I have two or more
BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASEs, none of these test cases gets executed and the
iPhone just hangs forever and loops around in some boost unit test
initialization code using "spinlocks" and "yields" ...

Is this a known issue? Anyone successfully using Boost Unit Tests on
iPhone? Any ideas what I could try?

Thanks,
Mani

--