Subject: [Boost-users] [test] Crash when running my unit tests
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 17:26:24

Hi there, when I try to run my tests the unit testing framework seems
to crash for no apparent reason. The point it's crashing is in
unit_test_suite.ipp[263]. It seems to crash before entering the first
test. The c++ runtime at this points tries to delete the memory of a
string which triggers the assertion.

_ASSERTE(_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse));

Here is my scenario: Everything used to run just fine before I added a
new file containing more tests. Meaning all of my tests are scattered
around a couple of files ( 20 files ) which sum up to about 120 tests.
I don't think that this usage is anything but exceptional. When I
exclude the new test file the tests are running fine. When including
the new test file it crashes.

I'm running the boost trunk on a windows xp using MSVC 2005.

Anyone any idea what I can do about this?

My code is available here:
http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

The tests are here:
http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gil_2/libs/gil/io_new/test/