Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Stepping into a boost::function while debugging
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-05 13:42:41

On Tue, 05 May 2009 13:53:27 +0200, Peter Åberg <aberg_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Does anyone have a tip, suggestions or workaround on how one should do
> to step into the target function of a boost::function while debugging in
> VS 2008 (VC9), without wading through the boost::function implementation?
>
> I have looked around a bit now and have not found any solution except
> putting a breakpiont in the target function which may not be practical
> when one does not know which function it is.
>
> I get the feeling one have to wait for MS to add a feature like "step
> through code I don't want to see". But until then, what do you folks do?

Add a new string value to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\NativeDE\StepOver
(in the Windows registry), set the name to "Boost" (doesn't really matter
though) and the value to "boost\:\:.*" (that matters!). There is some more
information about this undocumented function at
http://blogs.msdn.com/andypennell/archive/2004/02/06/69004.aspx.

Boris