Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Bidirectional Graph and undirected graphs
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 18:04:50

>> Undirected graphs store only one set of edges. The implementation of the
>> just makes it seem like two different copies :)
>>

> I'm not sure I understand your response. I was being sloppy and using edge
> and edge descriptor interchangeably (since there is no separate concept of
> an edge).

Edge, edge descriptor. Close enough. In an adjacency list (at least), an
edge descriptor is actually based on a pair. This means that the out and in
edge iterators can construct an edge descriptor such that source and target
return reasonable answers without having to duplicate data.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]