Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I can't build boost!
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-14 01:22:38

Robert Dailey wrote:

> What's going on? For some reason I can no longer build boost. I'm trying to
> build version 1.39 using bjam. The same command worked just fine on 1.38:
> D:\IT\personal\asl_editor\temp\boost_1_39_0>bjam --toolset=msvc
> --layout=system link=static threading=multi debug release stage

In general, if you don't believe in telepathy and the like, it's best to
explain:

1. What you did exactly.
2. What exact results you got
3. How results are different from your expectation.

Omitting (2), in particular, is not good idea.

In this case, some telepathy might work -- you are using --layout=system.
This produces names using system conventions -- more specifically, Unix
system conventions -- and does not include any 'tags' for release/debug.
I recommend dropping --layout=system (and you will be able to use autolink,
even).

- Volodya