Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using different variables based on template type
From: Ryan McConnehey (mccorywork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-02 03:31:22

Scott McMurray wrote:
> They're at least simple, but it's still a violation of DRY,
> so I'm not a big fan.

If a non-expanding interface is needed (non-template so that every type
isn't accepted) does it really violate DRY?

> What are the types really, anyways?
I've create true_typedef of the basic type like uint16, uint32, int16,
etc. I've written my own serialization interface (I know boost already
has one) and I'm restricting the interface to only allow certain types.
I'm trying to centralize the were the real work happens so if new types
are needed then added them won't be difficult.

Ryan