Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [exception] What's wrongwithboost::get_error_info?
From: Markus Schweiß (M.Schweiss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 04:47:21

> 2009/6/2 Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>:
>
> I am puzzled, but here is another guess.
>
> Boost::throw_line, boost::throw_function and boost::throw_file have
> special handling in Boost Exception; adding them to exceptions does
> not use anything from STL. So here is something to try: print *pLine,
> sMethod and sFile directly. If you get correct strings, then the
> problem could be in some interference between STLport and
> std::ostringstream. Step into boost::diagnostic_information and see
> what is passed into std::ostringstream's operator<<. If the data
> entering it is good but the output from .str() is bad, it's definitely
> an issue with STLport's installation.

It seems that std::ostringstream has nothing to do with my problems. But the STLport installation might still be the guilty party.

I detected the source of annoyance within file 'get_error_info.hpp', at line 49 respectively 67, where a string wrapper instance is created:

shared_ptr<strwrap> s(new strwrap(x.throw_function_));
respectively
shared_ptr<strwrap> s(new strwrap(x.throw_file_));

Initialization of attribute 'str' (a std::string) within strwrap's c'tor, is the point where the null-termination get lost.

For now I try to compile my application with a newer STLport version, respectively without any STLport, to see what happen. Progress will be reported soon...